Semaglutide Weight Loss
Semaglutide Weight Loss
At AZ Med Spa 48 we are offering the most popular, effective, more affordable, and up to date weight loss program with Semaglutide. Our Semaglutide is purchased from a local compound pharmacy mixed with B12. The program includes weekly injections that can be taken at home. Below is the most up to date information on Semaglutide and pricing. Our goal is to
help you lose weight with the most updated and safest program. We will guide you in ways to keep the weight off with recommendations post treatment. Note the amount of weight loss is based on an individual tolerance, insulin resistance, diet, exercise, age, and metabolism. There is no obligation to continue the program. Some patients may require a higher dose before noticeable weight loss.
Brand Names: US
- Ozempic, Rybelsus, and Wegovy
Mechanism of Action
- Semaglutide is a selective glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist that increases glucose-dependent insulin secretion, decreases inappropriate glucagon secretion, slows gastric emptying; also acts in the areas of the brain involved in regulation of appetite and caloric intake.
Dosing Recommendations for Weight management
- Note: For use as an adjunct to diet and exercise in patients with a BMI ≥30 kg/m 2 , or in patients with a BMI ≥27 kg/m 2 and ≥1 weight-associated
comorbidity (eg, hypertension, dyslipidemia).
- SUBQ: Initiate and adjust dose using the following schedule: In patients who do not tolerate a dosage increase, consider delaying the increase for an
additional 4 weeks:
- Week 1 through week 4 : 0.25 mg once weekly.
- Week 5 through week 8: 0.5 mg once weekly.
- Week 9 through week 12: 1 mg once weekly.
- Week 13 through week 16: 1.7 mg once weekly.
- Week 17 and thereafter (maintenance dosage): 2.4 mg once weekly; if not
tolerated, may temporarily decrease dosage to 1.7 mg once weekly for up to
4 additional weeks, then increase to 2.4 mg once weekly.
- Note: The manufacturer recommends discontinuing therapy in patients who
cannot tolerate the 2.4 mg/week dosage; however, some patients may achieve goal weight loss on a submaximal dose and may continue on the maximum tolerated dose (even if <2.4 mg/week) (Ref). Consider discontinuation if at least 5% of baseline body weight loss has not been achieved within 3 months.
- Missed dose: Missed dose should be administered as soon as possible within
5 days; resume usual schedule thereafter. If >5 days have elapsed, skip the
missed dose and resume administration at the next scheduled weekly dose.
If 2 or more consecutive doses are missed, resume dosing as scheduled;
alternatively, may reinitiate dosage adjustment schedule.
Keep refrigerated in the dark amber zip lock bag for the B12 photosensitivity. Do not store in your purse and any container that may risk plunging the medication out. The medication will lose potency if kept in a higher temperature than 86 degrees.
Recommendations for side effects
If nausea and or vomiting occur, keep hydrated with electrolytes (ex, zero sugar
Gatorade). You can take Pepto-Bismol, anti-nausea medication, and antacids.
Symptoms seem to be less if the Semaglutide is taken at night before bed.
6 small meals throughout the day. A low carb diet is recommended (avoid a no carb diet)
$140 per month includes: